Papers relating to the refurbishment of the East end of the chapel, comprising:
1. Printed version of a letter for circulation within the College, from Bodley and Garner, architects, to the College concerning the designing of a new reredos, 7 Nov. 1894, printed Jan. 1895.
2. Printed circular by MRJ, 26 Jan. 1895, commenting on the above proposals.
3. Copy of an autograph letter signed from H. Barnes, for Farmer and Brindley [stone carvers?] to T. Garner, of Bodley and Garner, 22 Apr. 1898, in the hand of the recipient, concerning a projected new altar.
4. Autograph letter signed from T. Garner to MRJ, 16 May 1899, concerning a model for the new altar, and the choice of a hanging instead of a reredos.
5. Autograph letter signed from Augustus Austen Leigh, Provost, to MRJ, 19 May , concerning Garner's proposals in 4. above.
6. Autograph letter from T. P. Carter of Eton College to MRJ, 1 June 1899, concerning the same.
7. Autograph letter signed from T. P. Carter to MRJ, 2 Nov. 1899, concerning a hanging for the projected new altar.
8. Autograph letter signed from T. Garner to MRJ, 12 Feb. 1900, concerning a model of the projected new altar and the making of a hanging.
9. Autograph letter signed from William Austen Leigh to MRJ, 16 May , enclosing the next item:
10. Draft in the hand of W. Austen Leigh of a letter from WAL to T. Garner, 14 May , concerning the lack of progress in the installation of a new altar and hanging.
11. Autograph letter signed from T. Garner to Provost A. Austen Leigh concerning the effects of the newly-installed model of the altar, and the different materials in which the real thing could be executed, involving an excursus on the legality of stone altars under Canon Law in England.