Lionel Jackson came up to King's in 1945 and knew E.M. Forster personally.
The file includes:
- Photocopy of the list of letters from EMF to Jackson that are held in EMF/18/276;
- Photocopy of a letter to the Editor of 'The Listener' by Jackson dated September 22, 1955, and photocopies of 3 related letters from EMF to Jackson copies of which are also held in EMF/18/276;
- Memoir 'Recollections of E. M. Forster' by Jackson published in 'The Scotsman' 11 June 1970, and manuscript draft additions written 3 February 2009;
- 'The Art of Fiction' by P.N. Furbank and E.M. Haskell, being the report of an interview of E.M. Forster published in the 'Paris Review', Spring 1953;
- Newspaper and magazine articles reviewing EMF's life and works comprising interviews with him, obituaries and memoirs, letters to Editors by Jackson, reviews of film adaptations, reviews of 'Maurice' and of Ackerley's biography of EMF, 80th and 90th birthday tributes, and a report on Stevenage new town;
- 'King's and Queens: How I fell into the company of clever, charismatic and mad dons' by Mark Boxer (published in 'The Spectator' 31 October 1987).
Given by Jackson in February 2009.