The folder has been inscribed by R. O. Gandy: 'Letters from AMT to MHAN (c. 1940) mostly about Church's "calculus of lambda conversion" but also about "ordinal logics" and Church's theory of types. + 1 unsent to Church'. The papers include suggested dates and notes by R. O. Gandy. The contents of the file comprise:-
- 1 autograph letter signed from King's College, Cambridge, with notes by R. O. Gandy, 'Early 1940?' and 'Concerning Church's lecture notes on lambda calculus and ordinal logics';
- 1 autograph letter signed from Bletchley, 23 Mar., with notes by R. O. Gandy on 1st page, 'Must be 1940' and 'Mostly about lambda calcs', and also annotations and corrections in pencil;
- 1 autograph letter signed from Bletchley, 21 Apr., with note by R. O. Gandy, 'Must be 1940';
- 1 autograph letter signed from Bletchley, undated, with note by R. O. Gandy, 'About Ax of Inf. in Church's type theory. Summer or autumn (or winter) 1940';
- 1 autograph letter signed, no heading or date, with note by R. O. Gandy, 'must be 1942' regarding paper in collaboration with Newman (Bibliography number RS 1942a) and also referring to AMT's work on 'dots as brackets' (see Bibliography number RS 1942b) and his projected extended work on type theory;
- 1 page of an undated typed letter to Church, begining, 'I enclose corrected proof of my paper "Practical forms of type theory"' (see Bibliography number RS 1948b). Mainly about 'Turing machines'. A line is drawn through this letter.