Ruislip manor was originally granted by Henry VI to Cambridge University in 1438, later passing to King's College at the Foundation.
Documents relating to College lands in Ruislip, Middlesex. Includes RUI/1-/666.
See also KCAR/3/1/1/10/41.
RUI/652-/664 were created by the College's solicitors. Wither's and Co [4 Arundel Street, The Strand, London] were the College's solicitors until c. 1955. The files they created were transferred to Farrer and Co [66 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London] when they became the College's solicitors. Farrer and Co added to these files and created new ones. The files were moved to the Archive Centre somewhere between 1998 and 2004.
Please note that the estate collection is continually receiving new material. Catalogues for estates which have had many additions made during the year will be re-published approximately annually, and the Archive Centre staff are always happy to conduct up-to-date computer searches for any estate. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with enquiries.