(1) General orders and instructions given to assistants by the Astronomer Royal on the following subjects, 1859-1880:
1. Limiting visitors to the Royal Observatory to those with invitations.
2. The use of instruments.
3. Observations of stars by reflexion.
4. Staff holidays.
5. Orders to individual members of staff.
6. Observation of the Moon.
7. Days of general holiday, 1876.
8. Instructions on the use of light and gas.
9. Days of general holiday, 1877.
10. Arrangement of the assistants' allowance.
11. Measurement of the Sun pictures.
12. Days of general holiday, 1878.
13. Notice on the late arrival of assistants.
14. Notice on procedure for the delivery of parcels.
15. Adjustments to altazimuth.
16. Notice to observers of the Moon.
17. Arrangements for the care of the Observatory on Visitation Day, 1879.
18. Report on injury to the pocket chronometer Arnold 6221.
19. Days of general holiday, 1879.
20. Days of general holiday 1880.
(2) Miscellaneous orders to Royal Observatory staff, 1880.
(3) Lists giving the arrangements of staff duties, attendance and responsibilities for the years 1880-1908.
(4) General orders and instructions to assistants from the Astronomer Royal on the following subjects, 1890-1903:
1. Regulations as to sick leave.
2. Office hours.
3. Office hours in the Astronomical Branch.
4. Arrangement of staff duties, 1893.
5. 28-inch equatorial telescope.
6. Examination of stock on arrival.
7. Hours of attendance at the gate.
8. Invitation to all staff to join Christie for dinner.
9. Arrangements for showing the Observatory to visitors.
10. Telephone communications.
11. Fire hydrants.
12. Use of the library.
(5) General orders on the arrangement of observers and the allocation of responsibility for various instruments, 1903-1909.
(6) General orders on the arrangement of staff and personnel, 1908-1910.