Miscellaneous draft letters.
1. Letter to James Ewart Esq. of Lancaster, 18 August 1794, forwarding details of lunar occultations and a solar eclipse, with notes and calculations on an eclipse.
2. Letter to Monsieur Julian Canelas, Directeur de l'Observatoire a l'Isle de St Leon, 11 December 1806, on occultations of stars and a solar eclipse. There are notes on Stephen Groombridge's circle on the reverse.
3. Draft letter to George Dollond, September 1808, concerning the focal length of a 6 foot telescope.
4. Instructions for John Crosley to go on a voyage to New Holland (Australia) on board HMS 'Investigator' on a scientific expedition, 7 March 1801. The letter gives instructions on observations to be taken on board ship, details of observations to be taken on shore, general directions and an inventory of instruments required.
5. Sanction for James Inman to replace John Crosley on the scientific expedition to New Holland (Australia), c. 1803. There are instructions for him to board ship, details of observations to be made at sea and on shore, and general directions.