Papers on observational methods and instructions.
1. Precautions for accuracy in astronomical observations: 27 rules.
2. Preparations for observing the Sun: 10 points.
3. Directions for preparing the meridian and quadrant instruments for observing the Sun.
4. Twelve points for observing with the mural quadrant.
5. 'A method of observing with the mural quadrant by both the sub-divisions, viz. that greater and that less than the truth.'
6. 'Problem: to find a meridian by a theodolite' (2 copies).
7. 'Astronomical rules and useful particulars of directions for observers.'
8. Experiments to be made in observing Jupiter's satellites, with adjustments and improvements to be adapted to the telescope for that specific purpose.