A collection of pieces by different authors relating to Sri Lanka, c. 350 pages. Nos 1-7 are written in the same copyist's hand; the last two items are each in a different handwriting.
1. 'Buddha's prediction concerning Ceylon as it appears in a work reputed to be a Bana Book', 7 pages, signed W. de S. Wickramesekere, Kapulradde School, 1 April 1853.
2. 'Conference between His Excellency and Chiefs and Priests, Kandy, 3 April 1853', 21 pages.
3. Chapter 20 of 'Travels' by Ibn Batuta, with annotations, 20 pages.
4. 'Statistical account of the district of Nuwerakalawiya' by A. Oswald Brodie, late Assistant Government Agent there, 1853, 77 pages.
5. 'Joint report to the Commissioner of Roads on the state of the line between Kurunagalle and Puttam' by Roosmallecocq Esq. and A. Oswald Brodie Esq., Puttam, 4 September 1846, 10 pages.
6. 'Notes on the state of the road between Kornagalle and Puttam, 27 August 1846', 27 pages.
7. List of headmen, 8 pages.
8. A. Oswald Brodie, paper on miniature dagobas, read before the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, signed and dated 2 February 1855, 2 pages.
9. List of Caste brands for cattle used in Ceylon, with a drawing of the design, the Sinhalese name and the English transliteration, 4 pages.
Purchased from John Orr, 1925.