The Entebbe Club was founded on 19 June 1905. It was a male-only club for British subjects, although foreigners and visitors could be admitted as Honorary Members. The Club was managed by a Committee, which was elected annually at an Annual General Meeting, and had a library, run by an Honorary Librarian.
The Entebbe Sports Club was founded in 1900, open to government officials. Members played tennis, football, cricket, golf, rifle-shooting and hockey. On 1 August 1912 the Entebbe Lawn Tennis Club separated from the Club. Both clubs were amalgamated with the Entebbe Club in January 1940.
The Entebbe Literary and Dramatic Society was founded in 1936. The Society held readings of plays and other works of literary merit, and organised debates, lectures and other gatherings. Its name changed to the Entebbe Musical and Dramatic Society in 1943.
Minute books of the Entebbe societies and correspondence of the Entebbe Club.
Presented by Mrs M.C. Creagh and G.R.M. Wright, Trustees of the Entebbe Club, February 1975.