Emmanuel Kaye (1914-1998) and John Sharp (1913-1965) purchased the bankrupt company of Lansing Bagnall & Company Limited for £3,000 in 1943. The company made at that time a petrol industrial tractor and a fixed platform electric tractor. The company was renamed Lansing Bagnall Limited. The company's products went on to include the pallet truck, the reach truck and the turret truck. They expanded to 9 companies overseas, with 40 distributors worldwide and a peak employment of 7,000. The company was sold in 1989.
This collection is more an illustration of the companys products than evidence of its administration. The contents mainly consist of photographs, brochures, press cuttings, cinefilm and videos.
This collection was deposited at Churchill Archives Centre in three accessions by Sir Emmanuel Kaye and then by his son David, in 1995, 1996 and 2002.
The collection is owned by David Kaye.