George Henry Dashwood (1801-1869) was born at Downham Market, Norfolk, on 21 Oct. 1801, the son of the Revd James Dashwood, rector of Doddington, Isle of Ely, by his second wife, Sarah, daughter of the Revd David Lloyd. He spent a short period at Christ's College, Cambridge, before transferring to Lincoln College, Oxford (B.A., 1824; M.A., 1825). He was ordained deacon and priest in 1825, and served as curate of Wellesbourne in Warwickshire, and then of Stow Bardolph, Norfolk, before becoming vicar of the latter in 1852. He was elected a fellow of the Society of Antiquaries in 1844, and exhibited papers to the society on antiquarian matters. He died after a short illness at East Dereham, Norfolk, on 9 Feb. 1869.
MS.Add.6914 was originally the property of the Revd G.H. Dashwood. MS.Add.6915 belonged to the Revd G.H. Dashwood, and to S.V. Dashwood. Purchased by the Library at Hodgson's, 1936.