The Cambridge Camden Society was founded in 1839 by a group of undergraduates at Trinity College, Cambridge, who shared an interest in medieval ecclesiastical architecture. The founders included Benjamin Webb, John Mason Neale and Alexander Beresford-Hope. During the 1840s the society transferred to London, where it became the Ecclesiological Society. The society ended in 1867, but was refounded by Beresford-Hope in 1879 as the St Paul's Ecclesiological Society. The previous name was restored in 1937. The society's journal, The ecclesiologist, was published from 1841 to 1868.
List of members with notes of the dates and reasons for their resignations, 1845, 92 folios. Additional lists of names occur at fos 76-80. Attached to fo. 1v is a letter from C.C. Babington to John Willis Clark, 22 March 1887.
The volume belonged formerly to A.M. Hopper, who left it with C.C. Babington. Babington sent it to John Willis Clark in 1887. Bequeathed by John Willis Clark, 1910.
Please cite as Cambridge University Library, Department of Manuscripts and University Archives, Cambridge Camden Society: List of Members and Resignations, MS Add.5052