F.J. Philipart was a Licentiate of Civil and Canon Law and of Theology at the University of Louvain, where he became Professor of Dialectic. He was also Canon of St Peter's Church, Louvain.
J. Gasparoli was a native of Antwerp, and a member of Trinity College, Louvain.
F.J. Philipart, 'Dialectica', in the hand of J. Gasparoli, 87 folios (and 1 torn out): (fo. 2) title-page; (fo. 4) text in three parts; (fo. 84) 'Cursus Dialecticorum Anni 1755', a list of students of dialectic at the University of Louvain. The list, which contains 175 names, gives the place of origin of each and includes three Irishmen. Inside the front cover: 'J. Lee Doctors Commons, purchased of Messrs Howell&Stewart. Repaired October 1836, No 30/102. For Philipart vide Watts Bibl. Brit.'
Presented by W. Aldis Wright, 1905.