The repairs to the parish church of St Dunstan-in-the-West, London, began in 1659, and involved the building of a new timber roof, and repairs and amendments to the steeple, battlements and walls about the church. The commission for the repairs included Sir Richard Browne, a vestryman.
St Dunstan-in-the-West, London: account of repairs, 82 folios: (fo. 2v) list of commissioners for repairs of St Dunstan's-in-the-West, 1660; (fo. 3) minutes of general meetings, vestries and meetings of the committee for repairs, 7 April 1659 - 17 August 1662; (fo. 17) statement of account of sums received for and expended on repairs, 7 April 1659 - 17 August 1663; (fo. 29) statement of account of various workmen engaged on the repairs; (fo. 66) minutes of the meeting of the committee for repairs, 30 October 1660.
On fo. 45 is the beginning of a scribbled receipt, erased. Inside the front cover are the bookplates of F.W. Cosens and Samuel Sandars. On fo. 1 is 'Saml Sandars M.A. Camb. J.P. Bucks. London&Chalfont 1890', and a cutting from the printed catalogue of F.W. Cosens' sale of 1890, in which the manuscript was lot 20. On fo. 82 is 'Ex. Jarvis' (19th century). Between fos 2 and 3 is inserted a leaf to which is pasted a printed portrait of Praise-God-Bar[e]bone (Sir Richard Browne).
Bequeathed by Samuel Sandars to the Library, 1894.
Please cite as Cambridge University Library, Department of Manuscripts and University Archives, St Dunstan in the West, London: Account of repairs, MS Add.4144